[crypto] [eidma@TUE.nl: EIDMA Cryptography Working Group, April 11, 2003]

R. Hirschfeld ray@unipay.nl
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:09:52 +0200

From: eidma@TUE.nl
To: eidma@TUE.nl
Cc: vorpal@xs4all.nl, stephan.overbeek@pobox.com, laan@nbv.cistron.nl,
   jverelst@verelst.net
Subject: EIDMA Cryptography Working Group, April 11, 2003
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:29:14 +0200

EIDMA Cryptography Working Group
(no registration)
http://www.win.tue.nl/math/eidma/cwg.html
<http://www.win.tue.nl/math/eidma/cwg.html>

Friday April 11, 2003
Vergadercentrum La Vie - Utrecht
Lange Viestraat 351
Route description <http://www.lavie.nl/route.html>

PROGRAM

10.45 - 11.30 hrs.:
Niels Ferguson (MacFergus B.V., Amsterdam),
Michael: Improved security of 802.11 wireless networks.

abstract: Over 15 million people use IEEE 802.11 (WiFi) wireless networks.
Unfortunately the original WEP security protocol contains several
weaknesses. Michael is an authentication function to improve the security of
802.11. The design is particularly interesting as Michael has to be
implemented in existing hardware, while it still has to be fast enough to
keep the network from slowing down.

11.30 - 11.45 hrs.: coffee / tea.

11.45 - 12.30 hrs.:
Stephan Overbeek (Verdonck, Klooster & Associates, Zoetermeer),
Don't expect miracles from unattended biometrics.

abstract: Biometrics may be applied for authentication. We like remote
authentication. However, to apply biometrics remotely requires some
considerable measures (see article on webpage:
http://www.vka.nl/publicaties/20021210%20SO.pdf
<http://www.vka.nl/publicaties/20021210%20SO.pdf> ).

12.30 - 14.00 hrs.: lunch break (lunch not included).

14.00 - 14.45 hrs.:
Johannes Verelst (universiteit Utrecht, Faculteit Wiskunde & Informatica),
Secure Computing: Secret Santa.

14.45 - 15.00 hrs.: coffee / tea.

15.00 - 15.45 hrs.:
Ebo van der Laan (Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken, Den Haag),
Steganography in digital images.

Appeal
We are looking for speakers to fill the upcoming cryptoworkgroups.
If you are interested please send an e-mail to eidma@tue.nl
<mailto:eidma@tue.nl>

Dates of the seminar in 2003:
February 7, April 11, October 10, December 12.

______________________________________
E.I.D.M.A.
Euler Institute for Discrete Mathematics and its Applications

Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB  Eindhoven
The Netherlands