[crypto] [lindac@dimacs.rutgers.edu: DIMACS Workshop on Theft in E-Commerce: Content, Identity, and Service]

R. Hirschfeld ray@unipay.nl
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:14:12 +0100

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:08:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Linda Casals <lindac@dimacs.rutgers.edu>
Subject: DIMACS Workshop on Theft in E-Commerce: Content, Identity, and Service

************CALL FOR PARTICIPATION**********************

DIMACS Workshop on Theft in E-Commerce: Content, Identity, and Service

      April 14 - 15, 2005
      DIMACS Center, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ

Organizers:
       Drew Dean, SRI International, ddean@csl.sri.com
       Markus Jakobsson, Indiana University, markus@indiana.edu

Presented under the auspices of the Special Focus on Communication
Security and Information Privacy.

On April 14-15, 2005, we will hold a DIMACS workshop at Rutgers University,
NJ, on the topic of Theft in E-Commerce. This will include but not be
limited to theft of content, of identity, and of service. While theft
is an old problem, the automated nature of e-commerce introduces new
opportunities for traditional forms of theft, as well as entirely new
forms of theft.  The centrality of computation makes these threats a
part of computer security.  This is an area of research where we are
seeing a lot of activity, and where we believe there is a great
potential for valuable research contributions. While our primary
interest is in defenses against theft, we are also interested in novel
attacks and real data about attacks, as the defenders need to know what
to defend against. For more information about the workshop location,
organization, and the program (once finalized), please see:

   http://dimacs.rutgers.edu/Workshops/Intellectual/

We are soliciting contributions in these areas, for both long and short
presentations (approx 30 minutes vs 10 minutes.) There are no
proceedings, but we request that presentation material is submitted to
the organizers at the time of the workshop, allowing it to be posted on
the DIMACS webpage. In order to propose a talk, please contact one of
the organizers, Markus Jakobsson (markus@indiana.edu) or Drew Dean
(drew.dean@sri.com) with a title and a short abstract by February 28,
2005 that allows us to determine whether your proposed talk will fit
within the scope of the workshop.

Please refer to the information on the webpage above for workshop
registration, hotel reservation and travel information, and information
on how to apply for financial support for those in need of this. There
will be a limited number of scholarships to defray travel costs, with
priority given to students and speakers who can not receive funding to
attend.

The workshop is sponsored by RSA Security.

Registration:

Pre-registration deadline: April 7, 2005

Please see website for registration information.

Information on participation, registration, accomodations, and travel
can be found at:

http://dimacs.rutgers.edu/Workshops/Intellectual/

   **PLEASE BE SURE TO PRE-REGISTER EARLY**