[crypto] [Ronald.Cramer@cwi.nl: RISC@CWI: (March 9) Formal Methods and Cryptography]

R. Hirschfeld ray@unipay.nl
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 02:55:12 +0100

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:24:42 +0100
From: Ronald Cramer <Ronald.Cramer@cwi.nl>

Dear Colleague,

this is to announce a *special RISC seminar*  whose primary focus is the
the link between ``Formal Methods and Cryptography.''

This RISC seminar is organized by CWI's Cryptology and
Information Security Group, in collaboration with  CWI's Formal Methods
Group and their PAM seminar.

We especially welcome our speakers visiting from abroad,  Martin Abadi
(University of California, Santa Cruz)
and Michael Backes (Saarland University).

The seminar takes place on Thurday March 9   at *NIKHEF*.  This is the
building right next to CWI.

The morning sessions will  take place  in *Room H331*, and the
afternoon sessions
will take place in *Room N328* .

Date: Thursday March 9
Location: NIKHEF (building next to CWI)

Morning sessions (Room H331, NIKHEF)

  10.30 Welcome reception with coffee and juice
  10.45 Michael Backes, Saarland University (title TBA)
  11.30 Martin Abadi, University of California at Santa Cruz (title TBA)
  12.15 Break
  12.30 Dennis Hofheinz, CWI: "On the (Im-)Possibility of Extending
     Coin Toss"

  13.00 Lunch

Afternoon sessions (Room N328, NIKHEF)

  14.00 Jaco van de Pol, CWI: "Confluence reduction and Parallel
     algorithms for Verification"

  14.30 Sjouke Mauw, TU Eindhoven: "Generalizing
     Needham-Schroeder-Lowe for Multi-Party Authentication"

  15.00 Sandro Etalle, Twente University (title TBA)

  15.30 Break

  16.00 Ronald Cramer, CWI & Leiden University: "Algebraic Geometric Aspects of Secure Computation"

  16.30 Robbert de Haan, CWI (title TBA)
        Mahammad Dashti, CWI (title TBA)

Looking forward to see you on March 9!

Please refer to the RISC web-page (see below) for the title, abstracts and for directions.

Yours sincerely,

Ronald Cramer (CWI & Leiden University)
Dennis Hofheinz (CWI)
Jaco van de Pol (CWI)
Wan Fokkink (Free University & CWI)

RISC and Cryptology and Information Security Group:

http://www.cwi.nl/crypto

http://www.cwi.nl/crypto/risc