[crypto] [Serge.Fehr at cwi.nl: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (June 28, July 3 & July 9)]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Wed Jun 27 14:29:05 CEST 2007

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:01:56 +0200
From: fehr <Serge.Fehr at cwi.nl>
To: risc-list at cwi.nl
Subject: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (June 28, July 3 & July 9)

Dear Colleague,

tomorrow Thursday June 28 there is a RISC seminar from 14.00h until
15.00h at CWI in room H220 in the NIKHEF building (just next to the CWI
building) with the following two talks.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14.00-14.30: David Cash (Georgia Tech): Non-Malleable Hash Functions

14.30-15.00: Adam O'Neill (Georgia Tech): Deterministic and Efficiently
Searchable Encryption

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We apologize for the very short notice. Please refer to the RISC
web-page (www.cwi.nl/crypto/risc) for abstracts and other details.

We also remind you that on the occasion of Professor Ueli Maurer's
visit, there is a RISC seminar on Tuesday July 3 from 14.00h until
16.45h in Room M280 at CWI. The program for that seminar is as follows.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14.00-14.45: Ueli Maurer (ETH Zurich): Abstract Models of Computation
and Complexity Lower Bounds

15.00-15.45: Ronald de Wolf (CWI Amsterdam): Exponential Separations for
One-way Quantum Communication Complexity, With Applications to Cryptography

16.00-16.45: Serge Fehr (CWI Amsterdam): A New Technique for Randomness
Extraction in the Presence of a Quantum Attacker

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, we would like to point out that another RISC seminar takes
place on Monday July 9 at 13.30h with a talk by

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuval Ishai (Technion): Zero-Knowledge from Secure Multiparty Computation

Yours sincerely,

Ronald Cramer (CWI & Leiden University) and
Serge Fehr (CWI),

Organizers of the ``Research in Information Security and Cryptology''
(RISC) Seminar

http://www.cwi.nl/~cramer
http://www.cwi.nl/~fehr
http://www.cwi.nl/crypto