[crypto] [seccc at tue.nl: Lorentz Center Hash Workshop June 2-6]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Tue Apr 1 23:34:09 CEST 2008

Subject: Lorentz Center Hash Workshop June 2-6
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:23:19 +0200
From: "Secretariaat CC" <seccc at tue.nl>

- -----------------
subject: Lorentz Center Hash Workshop June 2-6

Dear colleague,

>From June 2 to 6 Ronald Cramer (CWI), Lars Knudsen (DTU), Martijn Stam
(EPFL) and Benne de Weger (TU/e) are organizing a "hash workshop" at the
Lorentz Center in Leiden, The Netherlands.

See the workshop website at
http://www.lorentzcenter.nl/lc/web/2008/309/info.php3?wsid=309

The workshop is receiving support from ECRYPT.

Our aim is to bring together people working on different aspects of hash
functions, from differential paths of e.g. SHA1 via blockcipher based
hashing to the role of hash functions in protocols. There will be a
small number of invited keynote talks and a larger number of contributed
talks by the participants.

The Lorentz center has office spaces available, so it will also be ideal
to exchange ideas and jointly work on research.

We are aiming for roughly 50 participants and we still have a few open
places. Participation is possible only by invitation.
After your request for participation has been approved the Lorentz
Center will follow up in due course with a formal invitation.

Please let us know if you're interested and whether you've got an idea
for a contributed talk. For your information, there is no registration
fee, but we don't have any budget for participants' travel and
accomodation costs.

Kind Regards,

Benne de Weger

Technische Universiteit Eindhoven