[crypto] [Ronald.Cramer at cwi.nl: [risc-list] RISC at BARCELONA (Sept 22-26)]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Tue Jun 17 17:14:01 CEST 2008

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:01:39 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: [risc-list] RISC at BARCELONA (Sept 22-26)
From: Ronald.Cramer at cwi.nl

Dear Colleague,

this is to announce an International School on Mathematical Cryptology and
a Research Seminar on Cryptology and Coding Theory that we organize in
Barcelona on Sept 22-26, 2008. We have scheduled four days of intensive
(summerschool-style) tutorials for PhD-students and postdocs in
mathematics or theoretical computer science, and a one day research
seminar.

An overview of the program is stated below.
For details please refer to http://www-ma4.upc.edu/mak/ismc2008/
A limited number of stipends will be available.

The event is organized in collaboration with the Spanish Thematic Network
on Mathematics for the Information Society and it is sponsored by the CRM,
the Catalan Research Center for Mathematics.

It will take place in the Math Dept of the UPC in Barcelona (Prof Padro').
Earlier events took place in Leiden at the Lorentz Center in 2003, and at
the CRM in 2005 and 2007.

PROGRAM (Chair: Ronald Cramer):
- -------

Research Seminar
- ------------------

* Nigel Smart (Univ. of Bristol): "Beyond the 80 bit barrier"

* Venkatesan Guruswami (IAS, Princeton & Univ. of Washington): "List
error-correction: New constructions and algorithms"

Tutorials:
- -----------

* "Quantum Information Theory & Crypto":
Serge Fehr (CWI)

* "Public key encryption from a mathematical perspective":
Dennis Hofheinz, (CWI)

* "Algebraic Function Fields and Applications in Coding Theory":
Alp Bassa (EPFL).

* "Combinatorics in Cryptology - Secret Sharing Schemes and Private
Information Retrieval":
Enav Weinreb, (CWI)

Yours sincerely,
Ronald Cramer (CWI & Leiden University)