[crypto] [Ronald.Cramer at cwi.nl: [risc-list] RISC at ECM (16/07/08): Goldreich/Kushilevitz/Galbraith/Renner]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Fri May 30 19:34:10 CEST 2008

Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:01:17 +0200 (CEST)
From: Ronald.Cramer at cwi.nl

Dear Colleague,

this is to announce a ``special edition'' of our national RISC seminar.

The topic of the seminar is  *Mathematics of Cryptology* and it takes
place on *Wednesday, July 16, 2008* from  13.25h until 16.55h at the *RAI
Congress Center in Amsterdam. So: *not* at the usual venues CWI and
Leiden!

I'm very pleased to announce that the following speakers have accepted our
invitation:

Prof. Oded Goldreich (Weizmann Institute, Israel)
Prof. Eyal Kushilevitz (Technion, Israel)
Prof. Steven Galbraith (U London, UK)
Prof. Renato Renner (ETH Zurich, CH)

Note that our seminar is a session (``mini-symposium'') in the offical
program of the *5th European Congress of Mathematics*, which is held in
Amsterdam on July 13--July 18, 2008. *As such, it will be accessible to
5ECM participants.*

You find the schedule and the titles of the talks at the very end of this
message, but please refer to http://www.cwi.nl/crypto/risc for links to
speaker homepages, as well as abstracts of the talks in our symposium.

Also, please refer to http://www.5ecm.nl for ECM registration and the full
program.

Other ECM mini-symposia of your interest may perhaps include:

- --- Galois Theory and Explicit Methods
http://websites.math.leidenuniv.nl/gtem/index.php?mn=workshops&pg=1

- --- Graphs and Matroids
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~bgerards/graphs_and_matroids.html

- --- Combinatorics of Hard Problems
http://kam.mff.cuni.cz/~hartman/5ecm/

- --- Discrete Structures in Geometry and Topology
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~dfk/5ecm.html,

as well as other mini-symposia and other type of events and talks
in the ECM program.

Hope to see you at ECM and at our RISC seminar!

Yours sincerely,
Ronald Cramer (CWI & Leiden University
http://www.cwi.nl/~cramer

SCHEDULE AND TITLES:
5th European Congress of Mathematics (ECM):
Mini-Symposium on Mathematics of Cryptology.

Chair: Ronald Cramer (CWI and Leiden University)