[crypto] [Fwd: summer internships, full-time jobs at MIT Lincoln Labs]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Fri Jan 28 19:53:08 CET 2011

Alleen voor Amerikanen, maar misschien toch interessant.

Subject: [Fwd: Summer internships, full-time jobs at MIT Lincoln Laboratory]
From: "Ronald L. Rivest" <rivest at mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:41:39 -0500

Hi all --

MIT Lincoln Labs is planning to hire a *lot* of
cryptographers, both full-time and for summer
internships! Really, a *lot*.

Contact Jon Herzog to find out more (see attached
note).

Feel free to pass around...

Cheers,
Ron

- --
     Ronald L. Rivest
     Room 32-G692, Stata Center, MIT, Cambridge MA 02139
     Tel 617-253-5880, Email <rivest at mit.edu>

[Fwd: Summer internships, full-time jobs at MIT Lincoln Laboratory].eml

From: "Herzog, Jonathan - 0668 - MITLL" <jherzog at ll.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:09:24 -0500

Greetings everyone, and sorry for the spam. As I've told some of you, my employer (MIT Lincoln Laboratory) is looking to triple the size of its computer-security research group in the next two years. To put this in perspective, this means hiring some*two hundred*  researchers, and as many cryptographers as we can get. Do any of you have students looking either for summer internships or full-time jobs?

* Summer internships: I attach a list of our current summer-internship postings. My particular project is listed under "Tool Support for Cryptographic Analysis" but I can answer questions about any of the jobs listed. Let me also add that because we are part of MIT, we can supervise the theses of MIT students (particularly MEng students) and have been involved in WPI MQPs as well. Students are welcome to contact me, the point-of-contact listed in the file, or to check out

		http://www.ll.mit.edu/college/summerprogram.html

I am afraid that we can only hire US citizens.

* Full-time positions: we desperately need Masters/PhD-level security researchers of all kinds, including all the cryptographers you've got. The work we do here involves all of: 'traditional' (MIT-style) crypto, side-channel analysis, quantum cryptography and quantum computation, trusted computing, formal methods for cryptographic analysis, code-analysis for cryptographic implementations, cryptographic hardware and embedded systems, protocol analysis, key-management for mobile devices... and that's *just the crypto work.* The list of non-crypto work (systems security, malware analysis, etc.) is even longer.

If you know of any students who might be interested in real-world applications of their studies (and are US citizens) I'd like to talk with them. Have 'em contact me directly-- our 'official' job postings would be a waste of their time. And in case it's relevant: we are more than happy to be a 'safety' interview for people who are also waiting to hear about academic positions. We want people who are good enough to be professors, and are well aware that such people are often pursuing that goal.

Thanks all.

- -- Jonathan Herzog voice: (781) 981-2356 Technical Staff fax: (781)
981-7687 Cyber Systems and Technology Group email: jherzog at ll.mit.edu
MIT Lincoln Laboratory www: http://www.ll.mit.edu/CST/ 244 Wood Street
Lexington, MA 02420-9185