[crypto] [Fwd: PROGRAM Crypto Working Group, 7 december 2012]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Tue Nov 27 15:25:11 CET 2012

Subject: PROGRAM Crypto Working Group, 7 december 2012
From:    "Secretariaat DM" <secdm at tue.nl>
Date:    Tue, November 27, 2012 13:12
To:      "Secretariaat DM" <secdm at tue.nl>

Dear all,

Herewith I send you the program of the CWG-meeting on Friday, December 7,
2012.

With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Anita Klooster
secretary of the section Discrete Mathematics

[cid:image001.gif at 01CCA472.99927100]

Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science
MF 4.058
Office hours: Monday and Friday 08.30-12.30 h / Tuesday and Wednesday
08.30-17.00 h
Telephone: +31 (0)40 2472254
Email: secdm at tue.nl<mailto:secdm at tue.nl>

CRYPTO WORKING GROUP

Friday, December 7, 2012

                                                De Kargadoor
(http://www.kargadoor.nl/utrecht/zaalverhuur.html)
                                                Oudegracht 36, Utrecht

Program

10.45 - 11.30 hrs.    Jasper van Woudenberg (Riscure),
>From space rays to laser beams: Fault injection in practice
            (Abstract below)

11.30 -  11.45 hrs.    Coffee / tea break

11.45 - 12.30 hrs.     Jeroen Doumen (Irdeto),
Faster batch forgery identification

12.30 -  14.00 hrs.    Lunch break (lunch not included)

14.00 - 14.45 hrs.     Ludo Tolhuizen (Philips Research),

                                           Towards fully
collusion-resistant ID-based
establishment of pairwise keys
                                                (Abstract below)

14.45 - 15.00 hrs.     Coffee / tea break

15.00 - 15.45 hrs.     Boris Skoriç (TU/e),

Quantum PUFs: from silly joke to reality

Abstract talk Jasper van Woudenberg, From space rays to laser beams: Fault
injection in practice

Fault injection attacks are moving into the realm of embedded systems:
secure memory 'readers' that use glitching to bypass security mechanisms
are commercially available, and more recently Xbox 360 code security was
broken by glitching the processor's reset line. Fault injection attacks
aim to change the behavior of a device; e.g. to bypass authentication or
extract secret information. We explain the fundamentals of fault
injection, covering their history, the tools used for their execution,
Differential Fault Analysis and other attacks that we execute in practice.

Abstract talk Ludo Tolhuizen, Towards fully collusion-resistant ID-based
establishment of pairwise keys

We discuss the problem of securely establishing a symmetric key to be
applied in a symmetric key algorithm.  This classical problem is still
relevant and of paramount importance both in existing computer networks
and new large-scale ubiquitous systems comprising resource-constrained
devices. Identity(ID)-based pairwise key agreement allows for the
generation of a common key between two parties from secret keying material
owned by the first party and the identity of the second one. However,
existing methods, e.g., based on polynomials, are prone to collusion
attacks.

We discuss a new key establishment scheme aiming at fully
collusion-resistant ID-based symmetric-key agreement. Our scheme, the
HIMMO algorithm, relies on two design concepts: Hiding Information and
Mixing Modular Operations. We show why attacks on ID-based symmetric key
agreement from literature, as well as some other attacks, cannot be
applied to HIMMO.  The simple logic of the HIMMO algorithm allows for very
efficient implementations in terms of both speed and memory.