[crypto] [Ronald.Cramer at cwi.nl: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (Wed March 20): All-About-Flame]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Wed Mar 13 21:40:20 CET 2013

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:46:56 +0100 (CET)
From: Ronald Cramer <Ronald.Cramer at cwi.nl>
Subject: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (Wed March 20): All-About-Flame

Dear Colleagues,

we cordially invite you to a special RISC seminar on recently discovered cryptologic aspects of
the widely-publicized spy-malware  *Flame* and on novel cryptologic methods for future prevention of the
spread of such malware.

The program consists of three coordinated lectures by CWI (Marc Stevens) and Microsoft USA.
We are very pleased to welcome as speakers from Microsoft USA:

-- Dr. Brian LaMacchia, Director Security & Privacy.
-- Dr. Dan Shumow, Senior SDE.

It will take place at CWI Amsterdam, The Netherlands, on

                 *Wednesday, March 20, 2013, in the Turing Room (main auditorium)*

For abstracts, please visit http://projects.cwi.nl/crypto/risc.html.

The schedule is as follows:

1) 1500h--1545h:        Marc Stevens (CWI Amsterdam):
                        Counter-cryptanalysis: analyzing Flame's new collision attack

2) 1600h--1645h:        Brian LaMacchia (Microsoft) and Dan Shumow (Microsoft)
                        Fire Retardant for your PKI: Towards automatic detection of the next Flame-like attack

                        Part I : Brian
                        Part II: Dan

3) 1645h--1700h:        Questions and Discussion.

See you then and there!

best regards,

Ronald Cramer (CWI & Math Inst, Leiden U) and Marc Stevens (CWI)