[crypto] [Fwd: PROGRAM Crypto Working Group, September 6, 2013]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Mon Sep 2 12:30:20 CEST 2013

Subject: PROGRAM Crypto Working Group, September 6, 2013
From:    "Secretariaat DM" <secdm at tue.nl>
Date:    Mon, September 2, 2013 12:01
To:      "Secretariaat DM" <secdm at tue.nl>

Dear all,

Herewith I send you the complete program of the CWG-meeting for Friday,
September 6, 2013.

With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Anita Klooster
secretary of the section Discrete Mathematics

[cid:image001.gif at 01CB8FB5.88A9C0F0]

Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science
MF 4.058
Office hours: Monday and Friday 08.30-12.30 h / Tuesday and Wednesday
08.30-17.00 h
Telephone: +31 (0)40 2472254
Email: secdm at tue.nl<mailto:secdm at tue.nl>

CRYPTO WORKING GROUP

Friday, September 6, 2013

                                                De Kargadoor
(http://www.kargadoor.nl/utrecht/zaalverhuur.html)
                                                Oudegracht 36, Utrecht

Program

10.45 - 11.30 hrs.   Tanja Lange (TU/e),
                                               Factoring RSA keys from
certified smart cards:
Coppersmith in the wild

11.30 -  11.45 hrs.   Coffee / tea break

11.45 - 12.30 hrs.    Michael Feiri (Univ. Twente),
The practical weakness of the S/KEY one-time-password system (RFC 1760 and
2289) against brute force attacks

12.30 -  14.00 hrs.   Lunch break (lunch not included)

14.00 - 14.45 hrs.    Mathias Morbitzer (RU Nijmegen),
TCP Idle Scans in IPv6

14.45 - 15.00 hrs.    Coffee / tea break

15.00 - 15.45 hrs.    Zekeriya Erkin (TU Delft),

Privacy Preserving Online Services for Dynamic Settings

                                               (Abstract below)

Abstract talk Zekeriya Erkin: Privacy Preserving Online Services for
Dynamic Settings

In recent years, services that process user-generated data have become
increasingly popular due to the spreading of social technologies in online
applications. The data being processed by these services are mostly
considered privacy sensitive, and thus raises privacy concerns among
users. As a scientific solution, privacy- preserving methods based on
cryptographic techniques have attracted great attention in the last years.
Unfortunately, the existing solutions consider static settings, where the
computation is executed only once for a fixed number of users. However, in
practice online applications have a dynamic environment, where users join
and leave the service at any time.

In this talk, we show that user-data oriented services, which are privacy
preserving in static settings, leak information in dynamic environments.
We then propose a method to overcome the information leakage problem due
to consequent invocation of the cryptographic protocols. We also present
realizations of our ideas in two different attacker models, namely
semi-honest and malicious.