[crypto] [serge.fehr at cwi.nl: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (May 9): Efficient Multi-Party Computation (Daniel Escudero)]

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Tue May 8 18:52:38 CEST 2018

From: Serge Fehr <serge.fehr at cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 16:05:06 +0200
Subject: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (May 9): Efficient Multi-Party Computation
	(Daniel Escudero)

Dear Colleague,
we cordially invite you to a RISC Seminar taking place tomorrow
          *Wednesday May 9, 2018, at 1400h*
in room M290 at CWI (second floor). The seminar features a talk by
                   Daniel Escudero (Aarhus University)
entitled
      *SPDZ2k: Efficient MPC mod 2^k for Dishonest Majority*
Abstract: Most multi-party computation protocols allow securecomputation of arithmetic circuits over a finite field, such as theintegers modulo a prime. In the more natural setting of integercomputations modulo 2^k, which are useful for simplifyingimplementations and applications, no solutions with active security areknown unless the majority of the participants are honest.We present a new scheme for information-theoretic MACs that arehomomorphic modulo 2^k, and are as efficient as the well-known standardsolutions that are homomorphic over fields. We apply this to constructan MPC protocol for dishonest majority in the preprocessing model thathas efficiency comparable to the well-known SPDZ protocol (Damgard etal., CRYPTO 2012), with operations modulo 2^k instead of over a field.We also construct a matching preprocessing protocol based on oblivioustransfer, which is in the style of the MASCOT protocol (Keller et al.,CCS 2016) and almost as efficient. To appear at CRYPTO 2018.!
  Joint workwith Cramer, Damgard, Scholl, Xing.
For more details, see https://projects.cwi.nl/crypto/risc.php .
See you then and there!