[crypto] Fwd: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (Fri May 17): Prof. Aggelos Kiayias (U Edinburgh & IOHK) - "Architecting Secure and Efficient Distributed Ledgers"

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Wed May 8 11:09:13 CEST 2019

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (Fri May 17): Prof. Aggelos Kiayias (U
Date: 2019-05-08 10:18
 From: "Marc Stevens" <Marc.Stevens at cwi.nl>
To: <risc-list at cwi.nl>

Dear Colleagues,

We cordially invite you to a RISC Seminar taking place

         * Friday May 17th, 2019, from 16:15 *

in room L017 at CWI. The seminar features a talk by

         * Prof. Aggelos Kiayias, University of Edinburgh & IOHK *

titled

         * Architecting Secure and Efficient Distributed Ledgers *

Abstract:

The advent of blockchain protocols brought to light a number of
applications
that could benefit from a large scale Byzantine resilient  consensus
system.
At the same time a number of significant challenges were put forth in
terms
of scalability, energy efficiency, privacy,  and the relevant threat
model
that such protocols may be proven secure for.

In this talk I will give an overview of recent and ongoing research in
the
area of designing distributed ledgers based on blockchain protocols
focusing
on results such as the Ouroboros proof of stake blockchain protocols
(Crypto'17, Eurocrypt'18, ACM-CCS'18, IEEE S&P'19)  as well as other
related
constructions aiming to improve the interoperability and the incentive
structure of distributed ledgers.

For more information, see our RISC webpage:

https://projects.cwi.nl/crypto/risc.php

See you then and there!

Best regards,

Ronald Cramer and Marc Stevens