[crypto] Fwd: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (Wed May 3): Prof. Sanjam Garg (Berkeley and NTT Research)

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Wed Apr 26 13:18:53 CEST 2023

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [risc-list] RISC at CWI (Wed May 3): Prof. Sanjam Garg (Berkeley
and NTT Research)
Date: 2023-04-26 12:23
 From: Serge Fehr <fehr at cwi.nl>
To: risc-list at cwi.nl

Dear Colleagues,

We cordially invite you to a RISC Seminar taking place

         * Wednesday May 3, 2023, from 16:00 *

in room L016 at CWI. The seminar features a talk by

         * Prof. Sanjam Garg (Berkeley and NTT Research) *

titled

         * hinTS: Threshold Signatures with Silent Setup *

Abstract:

In this talk, I will describe hinTS --- a new threshold signature scheme
built on top of the widely used BLS signatures. This scheme achieves the
following desirable features:
  - A silent setup process where the joint public key of the parties is
computed as a deterministic function of their locally computed public
keys.
  - Support for dynamic choice of thresholds and signers, after the
silent setup, without further interaction.
  - Support for general access policies and native support for weighted
thresholds with zero additional overhead over standard threshold
setting.
  - Strong security guarantees, including proactive security and forward
security.
This scheme is practical with aggregation time for 1000 signers under
0.5 seconds, while both signing and verification are constant time
algorithms, taking 1 ms and 17.5 ms, respectively. (Based on joint work
with Abhishek Jain, Pratyay Mukherjee, Rohit Sinha, Mingyuan Wang, and
Yinuo Zhang)

For more information, see our RISC webpage:
https://projects.cwi.nl/crypto/risc.php

See you then and there!

Best regards,
Ronald Cramer and Serge Fehr